Tonsillitis common in children and even adults can get it and after a few days disappear.
– Difficulty swallowing
– Sore throat
– High temperature of 38C or above
– Feeling sick
Sometimes the symptoms can be more severe such as:
– Swollen, painful glands in your neck (feels like a lump on the side of your neck).
– Ehite pus-filled spots on your tonsils at the back of your throat.
– Bad breath.
How long tonsillitis lasts:
Symptoms will usually go away after 3 to 4 days.
Stop infections spreading:
– Stay at home.
– Don’t Send Your child to school.
– Use tissues when you cough or sneeze.
– Wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
You can do this:
– Get plenty of rest.
– Drink cool drinks to soothe the throat.
– Take paracetamol or ibuprofen (do not give aspirin to children under 16).
– Gargle with warm salty water (children should not try this).