Vardenafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Vardenafil relaxes muscles of the blood vessels and increases blood flow to particular areas of the body.
Before taking Vardenafil you should know some information:
Do not take Vardenafil if you are on treatment for hypertension. Do not take Vardenafil with Nitrates drugs.
Avoid if you have following conditions
- heart disease, heart rhythm problems
- heart attack, stroke, or congestive heart failure
- high or low blood pressure
- liver disease, kidney disease
- anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- a stomach ulcer
- a physical deformity of the penis
Initial dose: 10 mg orally once a day, as needed, approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity.
Sexual stimulation is required for a response to treatment.
Usual Geriatric Dose for Erectile Dysfunction: 65 years or older: initial dose: 5 mg orally once a day, as needed, approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity.